The Law Office provides advice and representation in the following areas:
- Residential Real Estate. Representation includes buyers, sellers and lenders in all aspects of the purchase and sale transaction, from preparing and reviewing offers, to the drafting and negotiation of Purchase and Sale Agreements, to the handling of real property closings, including the provision of title services. We work with a number of local lenders and brokers to help you buy the home you want.
- Commercial Real Estate. The Office represents both buyers and sellers of commercial real estate, as well as commercial lenders. We also have significant experience representing developers in the permitting process.
- Leasing. We represent both landlords and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of residential and commercial leases.
- Finance. We represent a number of local and regional lenders in both residential and commercial real estate transactions, and in asset-based business lending. The Office serves as general counsel to a local lender offering advice and representation in a number of areas.
- Small Business and Corporate. The Law Office of Michael G. Gatlin represents a number of small businesses, starting with the incorporation, the formation of limited liability companies and including general business advice as well as advice and representation with respect to employment issues. Clients include both for-profit and non-profit entities.
- Municipal Law and Permitting. We have appeared before many municipal boards in a number of communities on planning and zoning matters, as well as in the areas of liquor licensing and Board of Health and Conservation Commission issues.
- Estate Planning. We prepare wills, durable powers of attorney, and health care proxies for clients of all ages. We prepare and advise our clients on the various trust and tax planning options so that our clients can protect and preserve their assets for their themselves and their loved ones.
- Elder Law. We provide long term care planning, which includes asset protection, retirement planning, and nursing home care and in-home care. We also assist our clients with the preparation of Medicaid applications to enable our clients to receive the care and treatment they deserve.
- Probate Administration. The probate process can ben cumbersome and costly. We can assist with the administration of an estate through the probate process, with minimal stress on the family.